At Women’s Health of Augusta we understand that different seasons in a woman’s life require individualized care when it comes to gynecology. We understand that each person is unique and her treatment and guidance has to be targeted specifically to her needs. We offer a variety of services and care for the spectrum of gynecological concerns for all ages.
Specific areas of gynecology expertise include:
- Treatment of menstrual and hormonal disorders
- Menopause Hormone replacement (including Hormone Pellets and bio-identical hormone therapy)
- Premenstrual stress disorder (PMS)
- Abnormal and pre-cancerous pap smears
- Breast disorders: nipple discharge, pain, masses
- Contraceptive (birth control) management
- Menstrual irregularity, pain, excessive flow and post-menopausal bleeding
- Pelvic pain
- Weight management
- Disorders of the ovaries
- Pelvic relaxation and urinary incontinence
- Bladder infections
- Infections of the vagina
- Infertility evaluations and treatment, including basic ovulation induction and intrauterine insemination
Generally young women don’t need to be seen for a routine Pap and checkup before the age of 21 or whenever they become sexually active. If they are having cycle issues or other female related issues they can be seen anytime.
We still encourage yearly exams for prevention services. The frequency of Pap smears and other testing can be discussed with your specific needs in mind.
That will often vary depending on your age and needs. Your visit could include a Pap smear and pelvic exam, blood work, mammogram, bone density, and a review of your current medical conditions and medications.
It is possible using the technique we use to gather the Pap: however, there is a chance that if the cycle is heavy we will ask you to come back once it is complete.
We usually will get results within 1-2 weeks and we'll notify patients of any abnormalities. Of course, you can call and check on the results anytime.
We use virtually all forms of currently available methods of birth control. Your best option will be determined by your needs and desires and health history.
The best thing to do is come in and let us check things for you. Many symptoms overlap and to get the best treatment you need to be seen.
Routine testing is not done, but we can test for any STDs at any time if you request or there is a possibility of infection.
As specialists in women’s health all of our doctors are qualified and open to discussing any issues that relate to sexual health and functioning.